Språng "Halima" pouch

I have a proto sister! This is an SCA thing. In order to welcome her into the fold, I decided to make her a gift.

We had just traveled to a class based event, where I had the chance to talk as many things språng in about 55 minutes with my teacher. During this time, she showed me a pouch that she made. What a nice gift for proto-sis.

I am seeing some progress. Warping is coming easier, manipulating threads more naturally, and I successfully chained across the middle. I feel like an advanced beginner!

Here's the piece on the loom. I love how things look on the loom.

This is again 1 under 3, a simple interlink. But with the colour warp, the white row looks spectacular.

It was good to finally succeed with the chaining. It's not that it's difficult to do, but after just tying warps in the middle of stich patterns, it's nice to work on some finishing.

Of course I forgot to take a photo of the final product, which I call a Halima pouch, but it looked pretty good. Sewing up the sides was successful, even in black, and the only big issue I need to resolve is that it got a little lumpy at the bottom after chaining. It looked cute and I used it to give her a rose candle.

In other garments... I tried making some rope stitches at the middle, cutting in the middle, and tying them off for fringe. It's ok, not great, but will be cute enough on some fingerless gloves. The quest to learn more finishing techniques continues.

Popular posts from this blog

My first Språng project

Snow day Språng

Eyelets